- General Surgery
Mr Houli provides high quality service from minor general surgery to complex procedures.
He is passionate about offering the best surgical care that’s accessible and affordable to all – for both private and public patients. Mr Houli is fluent in Arabic which often helps the local community..
Mr Houli teaches medical students, and is an Examiner for the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS). Mr Houli is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of the PanCare Foundation
Mr Houli has public appointments at Northern Health and Western Health in Victoria.
Patients see him for a range of issues such as:
- Gallstone and Gallbladder disease including cancer
- Cholecystectomy and billiary surgery
- Hernias (open or laparoscopic)
- Small bowel resections.
- Bileduct tumours
- Liver malignancies and surgery
Mr Houli has special interests in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) and upper GI training. He performs major HPB surgery including:
- Colorectal liver metastasis resection
- Pancreatic resections for benign/premalignant and malignant lesions
- Resection for gallbladder cancer and bile duct tumour
- Liver resections for primary and other malignancies
Intraoperative ultrasound (open and laparoscopic) is used for all major HPB resections.
- MBBS , FRACS
Level 1, 230 Cooper Street, Epping VIC 3076
248 Ascot Vale Road, Ascot Vale VIC 3032Phone: 03 9078 2184